Prep Your Car for Summer TravelMay 30, 2022
Avoid These 10 Things to Help Your Car Keep its ValueJune 30, 2022
Automotive technology is always changing just like digital and computer technology is always changing. In this blog, let’s take a look at the coolest new automotive technology in 2022.
Automatic Emergency Braking
Automatic emergency braking systems can detect when you are getting too close to a vehicle in front of you and automatically engage the braking system to avoid a collision.
Stolen Vehicle Tracking Software
While vehicle tracking software is not completely new, the newer features in this technology make it cool. If your vehicle is stolen, the vehicle tracking software cannot only pinpoint the GPS location of the vehicle, helping police locate the vehicle faster and easier but it can also slow down the vehicle, avoiding the potential of high-speed chases. It can also be used to track teen drivers, older adult drivers and others who might need assistance in an emergency.
Unlock or control your car using your cell phone. Activate remote start, adjust the radio and lock or unlock doors right from your cell phone. How cool is that?
Advanced Driver Assistance Features
Advanced driver assistance features have gone from a simple rearview camera to a whole set of systems that keep you safer on the road. Consider the following new technologies:
- Blind Spot Alert – Sounds an alarm when there is a vehicle in your blind spot when you indicate a lane change or begin to move into a different lane.
- Cross Traffic Alert – When you’re parked between two vehicles you can’t see around when backing up, cross traffic alert can sound an alarm while you are backing up to let you know if there is a car coming.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Cruise control is not new but adaptive cruise control automatically slows you down when you begin to get too close to the car in front of you and goes back up to your set speed when it is safe to do so.
- Lane-Keep Assist – Sounds an alarm when you drift out of your lane in traffic.
- Forward Collision Avoidance – This feature engages the braking system when it senses a forward collision is imminent and can also divert the vehicle to avoid the collision.
Old are the days of the single rearview camera! Now you can get your vehicle equipped with 360-degree cameras on the back and front of your vehicle. This gives you a much wider and more inclusive view of what is happening around your car in parking situations, backing situations and other places where you are in a tight squeeze so you can move your car safely without fender benders.
Video Rearview Mirror
Video rearview mirror uses a camera mounted on the back of your vehicle to provide the view in your rearview mirror. This is especially helpful when you are transporting large objects that would normally obstruct your view from your rearview mirror. You can toggle between the actual view and the video view when needed too.
This list represents just a handful of the coolest new automotive technology in 2022. Overall, these technology features help keep you safer while driving and help prevent accidents and collisions. Hold onto your hat because cars are getting smarter too and these features are just a glimpse of the future of automotive technology.