Top 5 Ways to Prepare Your Vehicle for Summer HeatMay 29, 2022
Coolest New Automotive Technology in 2022May 31, 2022
Summertime is the perfect time to hit the open road and explore all that this great country has to offer. But before you set out on your summer adventure, it’s important to make sure your car is up for the journey. Here are a few tips to help prep your car for summertime travel:
– Check your tires and tire pressure: This is one of the most important things you can do to prep your car for summer travel. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and have plenty of tread. If you’re not sure how to check your tire pressure, most gas stations have air pumps that will do it for you.
– Secure and test your battery: A dead battery is the last thing you want to deal with on a road trip. To avoid this, make sure your battery is securely fastened and test it to ensure it’s still got a good charge.
– Top off oil and other fluids: Another important step in prepping your car for summer travel is making sure all the fluids are topped off. This includes engine oil, windshield washer fluid, and coolant. Checking your fluids regularly will help keep your car running smoothly and prevent any unwanted breakdowns.
– Have brakes inspected: Before you set out on any long journey, it’s important to have your brakes checked by a professional. This will ensure that they’re in good working condition and can handle the extra mileage.
– Check belts and hoses: Another key component of your car to check before summer travel are the belts and hoses. These can deteriorate over time, so it’s important to inspect them for any cracking, bulging or leaks.
– Replace wiper blades: Summertime means lots of sun and rain, so it’s important to make sure your windshield wipers are in good condition. If they’re starting to look worn, replace them with new ones.
– Replenish your emergency kit supplies: If you have an emergency kit for your car, now is the time to restock it. This includes things like flares, a first-aid kit, jumper cables, a spare tire (with jack), drinking water, non-perishable snacks and a basic tool kit.
– Plan ahead for regular vehicle servicing: One final tip for prepping your car for summer travel is to plan ahead for regular servicing. This means getting an oil change, tune-up, and other necessary maintenance before you set out on your trip. By doing this, you can avoid any unexpected breakdowns or repairs.
Taking the time to prep your car for summer travel is important, especially if you’ll be traveling far from home. The heat and summer conditions can make a small problem worse so finding and fixing any potential issues before you travel is key. Once your car is prepped, you are ready for whatever adventures await this summer!