Maximize Your Car’s Resale ValueMay 28, 2022
Prep Your Car for Summer TravelMay 30, 2022
Summer heat isn’t just miserable for people, it can also do a number on your vehicle. Heat makes your engine and components work harder and hotter. With a little bit of preparation, you can help your car handle the hot summer without breaking down. Here are the top 5 ways to prepare your vehicle for summer heat.
1. Have AC and refrigerant levels checked – The last thing you want is to be stuck in traffic with a broken air conditioner. Be sure to have your AC checked and ensure that your refrigerant levels are topped off before the summer heat hits.
2. Maintain the coolant system – A properly functioning coolant system is essential for keeping your engine cool during summer months. Make sure to check your coolant levels regularly and top off as needed. Also make sure to keep up with any additives recommended by your car’s manufacturer to prevent corrosion during the hot summer.
3. Secure and check the battery – A hot summer day plus vibration can be tough on your car’s battery. In fact, battery vibration can lead to a breakdown. Make sure your battery is securely mounted to avoid vibration that can cause a breakdown when combined with the summer heat.
4. Check all engine fluids – Regularly checking your engine fluids and topping off those that are low will help keep your engine running smoothly during the summer months. Low fluid levels can lead to overheating and a breakdown. Be sure to check transmission fluid, brake fluid, oil and power steering fluid.
5. Check and replace tires – Tires are one of the most important parts of your car, so it’s important to make sure they’re in good condition. Be sure to check the pressure regularly and replace any worn or damaged tires before the summer heat hits. Underinflated tires not only cause differences in how the car handles and brakes but can also cause the tires to overheat and blow out, especially when road temperatures are high.
Don’t let your vehicle’s condition suffer in the summer heat. Use these top 5 ways to prepare your vehicle for summer heat to get your car ready for the hot and humid summer conditions. You’ll have peace of mind that your car can handle the heat without a major breakdown.