Top 13 Bad Driving Habits to BreakAugust 27, 2022
Top 5 Benefits of Paintless Dent RepairSeptember 23, 2022
If you’re involved in a parking lot accident, there are a few key things you should do to ensure everyone’s safety and to minimize damage. Here’s what to do in a parking lot accident in scenarios where both drivers are present, if you hit another vehicle or if you witness the incident.
If both drivers are present:
1. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
2. Stay at the scene of the accident and turn on your hazard lights.
3. If possible, move your vehicle out of the way of traffic.
4. Track down the owner of the other vehicle involved in the accident. If they’re not around, leave a note on their windshield with your contact and insurance information.
5. Take photos of the damage to both vehicles as well as the surrounding area, if possible.
6. Exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information.
7. Contact your insurance company to report the accident and start the claims process.
If your vehicle has been hit in a parking lot and the other driver has left the scene, here are the steps to take:
1. Call the police to file a report.
2. Take photos of the damage to your vehicle as well as any surrounding evidence, like skid marks or broken glass.
3. Look for any witnesses who may have seen what happened and get their contact information.
4. Contact your insurance company to start the claims process.
What should you do if you witness a parking lot accident? Here are the steps you can take as a witness to a parking lot accident:
1. Call 911 if anyone appears to be injured.
2. Stay at the scene and provide your name and contact information to the police and insurance companies, if requested.
3. Give a statement of what you saw to the police or insurance companies, if asked.
4. Take photos of the accident scene, if possible.
5. Offer to be a witness for either driver, if asked.
By following these steps, you can help ensure everyone’s safety and make the claims process after a parking lot accident go as smoothly as possible. If your car has dings, dents or scratches following the accident, call Colors On Parade. Our mobile service can come to you to repair the damage and get your car back to its original glory.