Top 10 Culprits that Could Lead to Scratches on Your VehicleOctober 27, 2022
Maintaining Your Brand New CarOctober 31, 2022
Are you in the market for a new vehicle? Test driving is an important step in the car-buying process, but it can be overwhelming if you don’t know what to look for. Here are some tips on what to look for when test driving a vehicle:
- Check the tires – Are they properly inflated and in good condition? Is there plenty of tread left? This is especially important if you are test driving a used vehicle.
- Open and close all doors – Is there any sticking? Do the doors have a gap when fully closed?
- Inspect the windows for cracks and chips – Cracks and chips can impair visibility and may need to be fixed, adding additional cost.
- Examine body panels for scratches and dents – These may be cosmetic issues, or they could indicate underlying damage from an accident. Be sure to check the Carfax report for any accidents that might have occurred with the vehicle.
- Test all lights – Make sure the headlights, taillights, turn signals, brake lights, etc. are all functioning properly.
- Make sure the A/C and heat work – You’ll want to make sure your vehicle will keep you comfortable in any weather conditions. Listen for any clicking or unusual sounds when you run the heat or the A/C to rule out any mechanical issues.
- Check view inside and out to identify blind spots – Good visibility is important for safe driving.
- Test the brakes – Does it take a while for the vehicle to slow down? Does it pull to one side when braking? These could be signs of potential brake issues.
- Test drive at different speeds – Test drive the vehicle on the highway and in the city, if possible. Does the vehicle handle well and accelerate smoothly? Is there any unusual vibration or shaking?
- Assess the driver’s seat for comfort – The vehicle may look great, but if you aren’t comfortable behind the wheel, it won’t matter. Make sure you can adjust the seat to a comfortable position and that your visibility is not obstructed by headrests or other features.
Taking these factors into consideration during your vehicle test drive will help ensure you make a confident, informed decision when purchasing a car. Happy (test) driving!