Protecting Your Paint in the WintertimeOctober 25, 2023
Car Paint Myths Busted!November 15, 2023
Dings and dents on your car can happen to anyone, and it can be frustrating to see your car’s exterior ruined. The traditional way to repair these imperfections has been to take your car to a body shop, which can be costly and time-consuming. However, there is a better option that is gaining popularity: paintless dent repair (PDR). Let’s explore why PDR is becoming a more attractive alternative to the body shop.
What is PDR?
Before we go any further, let’s define what PDR is. PDR is a specialized service that repairs small dents and dings without the need for painting or refinishing. PDR technicians use specialized tools to gently massage the metal back into its original shape. This technique preserves the original paint and finish, resulting in a seamless repair that makes your car look like new.
Reasons to Choose PDR Over a Body Shop
1. PDR is more affordable than a body shop: PDR is cost-effective, and in most cases, it is considerably cheaper than a body shop. Because there is no need for painting, you can save on materials and labor costs. For smaller dents, PDR can be done quickly and affordably, while a body shop’s labor charges can add up fast.
2. Many body shops sub out work – Colors On Parade does not! Your repairs are performed right in your driveway by our skilled technicians: When you take your car to a body shop, they may send the work out to another location to be done, or they might take longer than anticipated to complete the repair. With PDR, you can be assured that your repairs are being done on-site by our skilled technicians.
3. PDR repairs can be completed in one day in most cases, compared to days or weeks at a body shop: Body shop repairs often take several days or even weeks depending on the extent of the damage. With PDR, small dings and dents can be fixed within hours, and larger dents can be repaired in a day or two.
4. Colors On Parade does not report to Carfax, whereas body shops do: When a body shop performs repairs on your car, they report it to Carfax, which can potentially lower the resale value of your vehicle. With PDR, you can rest assured that your vehicle’s history will not reflect any repairs done.
5. PDR is completed without the need for repainting, whereas body shop repairs involve repainting: When you take your car to a body shop, there is usually a need to repaint sections of the vehicle to cover up any damage. This process can be time-consuming, expensive, and not always a perfect match in color. PDR, on the other hand, retains the original paint, resulting in a seamless repair.
6. PDR is eco-friendly and keeps the original paint job intact: PDR is a more eco-friendly option because it doesn’t require the use of paint or chemicals. It preserves the original paint, keeping the vehicle’s factory finish intact, and saves the environment from toxic fumes that come with repainting.
If you have a small dent or ding on your car, paintless dent repair is the best solution. PDR repairs can be done quickly, affordably, and without sacrificing the quality of the repair. PDR is friendly to the environment and protects the original paint job, which preserves the resale value of your car. Colors On Parade is your go-to for PDR repairs, providing on-site repairs that are completed quickly and efficiently. Trust Colors on Parade with your dent repair needs to save time and money.